Google Analytics Integration
Google Analytics is an industry leader in web analytics. It gives you the required tools to better analyze your website as well as your customers’ activities. Through intuitive dashboards and reports, Google Analytics gives you relevant insights that can help you improve your product as well as customer experience.
What You Can Do with Google Analytics
- Track website activity such as session duration, your site visitors’ bounce rate, and much more
- Know your website traffic sources
- Identify poorly performing web pages through effective funnel visualization
- Integrate with Google Ads, where you can track and analyze online campaigns
- Integrate with Google Tag Manager to track events and goals for conversion optimization
Integrating Google Analytics with your website on its own can be quite challenging. For collecting in-depth information about your website such as visitor activity, user attributes as well as the relevant eCommerce information, you will need to install custom webhooks into your website. In addition, you will need to know the Google Analytics API methods and data formats. Similarly for mobile tracking, any custom or eCommerce events need to be tracked manually, which can be quite a hassle.
You can get around all these limitations by integrating RudderStack with Google Analytics.
Perform Efficient Web Analytics with Google Analytics and RudderStack
By Setting Google Analytics as a Destination in RudderStack, You Can:
- Track and obtain real-time reporting and information about your customers’ activities
- Get information about the pages being visited such as session durations, page category, and more
- Track custom properties associated with your events using RudderStack, and send them over to Google Analytics
What does Google Analytics do?
Google Analytics is one of the most widely-used digital analytics tools across all industries. It is a free web analytics service offered by Google that allows you to get an in-depth detail about the visitors on your website. Its state-of-the-art reporting capabilities also let you measure your advertising ROI and better understand your customers
How do I get Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free tool! Once you have signed in to your Google account, click on Access Google Analytics and set up your free account to get started easily.
Is coding required for Google analytics?
Google Analytics does not require any advanced coding skills. However, some basic exposure to any analytics, data visualization or data management platform will help you use the tool more efficiently.