Google Tag Manager Integration
Google Tag Manager (GTM) is a popular enterprise-grade tag management system. It allows you to manage all your website tags efficiently to understand critical metrics such as conversions and help you streamline your site.
With integration support for various third-party tags, you also get complete control over how your tags are defined and used.
What You Can Do with Google Tag Manager
- Get most out of the asynchronous tag firing so that they do not slow down your website
- Leverage their intuitive UI designed especially for marketers, with ease of use and security in mind
- Use ready-made templates for Google as well as third-party marketing and performance measurement tags
- Fire specific tags for certain on-site events, without needing any additional tracking code
- Seamless multi-account and multi-user support with granular access control
In order to install GTM on your website, you need to embed the Google Tag Manager container snippet in your web pages. This snippet allows GTM to fire tags by inserting the gtm.js into the page. On the other hand, for mobile devices, you need to install the Firebase SDK for both Android and iOS apps, as per your requirement.
With RudderStack, you don’t need to do any of this – just enable the Google Tag Manager integration, and you’re good to go!
Simplify Customer Analytics Using RudderStack and Mixpanel
Integrating RudderStack with Google Tag Manager (GTM) allows you to skip all the manual configurations required to track and send all your event data to GTM. By enabling GTM as a destination, you can now focus on measuring and deploying your tags. RudderStack takes care of tracking your event data and populating all the relevant tag-related information in GTM.
By Adding Google Tag Manager Support for RudderStack, You Can:
- Skip the tedious process of manually loading GTM on all your pages, or installing additional SDKs
- Add RudderStack as a custom HTML tag which you can call directly through GTM
- Automatically extract information associated with the relevant tags and send it to GTM
- Parse the extracted data in a GTM-compatible format
What does Google Tag Manager do?
Google Tag Manager (GTM) is a popular tag management system. It allows you to update your measurement codes and fragments (popularly called as tags) on your website or mobile applications without having to manually edit your website code. It is very simple to configure, reliable and saves you a lot of time in managing all your website tags.
How do I get Google Tag Manager? Is it free?
Google Tag Manager comes with both free and enterprise versions. In order to create a GTM account or use an existing one, go to https://tagmanager.google.com. You can then create containers associated with your account, for your website or mobile app. Then, you can use these containers to add and publish your tags.
What is the difference between Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is an analytics and reporting tool that gives you insights about your website traffic. On the other hand, Google Tag Manager is a tag manager that allows you to publish your tags based on rules as specified by you.
GTM does not replace Google Analytics in any way. Instead, you can use it to add tracking code or for tag deployment on your website, while defining when those tags must fire.