Hotjar is a cross-platform behavior analytics platform designed to help you understand your audience better. Designed especially for marketers and product managers, Hotjar offers state-of-the-art analytics tools to understand and visualize user behavior and how it impacts your product.
With Hotjar, you can track conversion funnels and get instant feedback from your customers to help your product grow.
- Target visitors using URLs, custom triggers or user attributes
- Get a complete picture of your customers’ journey on your website with astute user tracking
- Implement session recordings to track user actions and study them
- Visualize your users’ online behavior through heatmaps of their scrolls, clicks and screen taps
- Identify problematic areas in your website or the app through effective form analysis
- Design high-quality polls for your customers across mobile and web devices
- Create responsive, easy to use and helpful surveys to get better customer feedback
In order to get started with Hotjar, you will need to manually insert the code snippet into your site. This code snippet is required to do the following:
- Queue the events to be tracked before the Hotjar script is loaded.
- Set the Hotjar ID and the Hotjar Snippet Version for your website.
- The Hotjar ID allows Hotjar to determine the website settings to be loaded and where the collected data should be saved.
- The Hotjar Snippet Version tells Hotjar the version of the tracking code used by the website. This is required if Hotjar updates the tracking code and discontinues the older versions.
- Load the Hotjar script.
You can avoid any manual configuration and in turn save a lot of time by simply integrating RudderStack with Hotjar.
Streamline Your Hotjar Data Using RudderStack
What does Hotjar do?
Hotjar is a behavior analytics tool that helps you better understand customers’ in-app and website behavior through heatmaps, sessions recordings, and more.
What are Visitor Recordings?
Session recordings are the graphical renderings of real actions taken by your visitors as they browse through your website or app. By seeing your visitors’ clicks, taps and mouse movements, you can better understand their behavior. You can also identify the features of your product that are popular with the users and market them more, or improve the ones which aren’t doing so well.
What data does Hotjar collect?
The Hotjar Tracking Code records your visitors as they visit different pages using a first-party cookie, allowing you to playback the entire session. Hotjar also suppresses keystroke data except for the whitelisted input fields.