Slack is a popular and widely-used business communications platform. Thousands of businesses worldwide use Slack. It allows you to improve your overall business productivity by bringing together all the tools and communications in one place. You can prioritize conversations, have topic-oriented discussions in separate channels, and do much more. Slack offers seamless integration with the Google Suite so you can share documents and folders with your colleagues without any hassle.
With Slack, you can get a shared view of your team’s work and progress. With the shared channels feature, you can also collaborate and work with external teams and clients without having to resort to third-party email or chat tools.
What You Can Do with Slack
- Complete flexibility and the power to manage your business communications
- An intuitive and engaging interface where multiple teams can collaborate
- Easy-to-follow conversations with the ability to archive the most important ones
- Increase overall business efficiency and productivity by integrating with various third-party tools and plugins
To set up Slack manually, you need to configure your web apps in order to send notifications to Slack as and when any event occurs. However, you will also need to install custom webhooks into your apps for every event that you want to record.
This manual configuration can take up quite some time, depending on the volume of the events that you want to capture.
RudderStack makes it quite easy for you to track every conversation event by integrating seamlessly with Slack.
Send Real-time Messaging Data to Slack Using RudderStack
RudderStack now supports sending messaging data to Slack in real-time. You can enable the Slack integration on the RudderStack dashboard. After this, you can use the RudderStack cloud mode SDKs to send message data from a variety of sources directly to Slack. RudderStack automatically tracks and collects the event messages and the associated traits. It then sends this information to the destination page following the specified settings.
By Adding Slack Support for RudderStack, You Can:
- Track and collect the messages from a variety of sources, including mobile and web apps
- Send the messaging data to Slack without worrying about its format
- Add your Slack channel’s webhook URL for efficient transmission and processing of event messages
What can you use Slack for?
Does Slack have guest accounts?
Why Should I use Slack?
How long does Slack keep messages?