Send Event Data to Your Configured Webhook Endpoints Using RudderStack
You can now configure your preferred webhook endpoints as a destination in RudderStack. You can enable the Webhook integration on the RudderStack dashboard. After this, RudderStack will automatically start forwarding your event data to the configured webhook. This way, you can send the events generated via RudderStack to your backend without any hassle in real-time.
- Track, collect, and send your event data to the desired destination in real-time.
- Apply custom logic on the payload before sending it to the destination platforms of your choice.
- Capture unique user information, along with the associated properties and traits. You can then forward this data to the webhook endpoints.
- Record page views along with the other necessary details about the payload.
- Check for any delivery failures for the events that RudderStack sends to the webhook endpoint.
Simply put, webhooks are HTTP callbacks that are defined by the user. It lets your application know whenever an event happens in real-time. Webhooks work on a unique concept called event reaction. Instead of a client-side application polling a server-side app, a webhook – essentially a URL endpoint – allows the server-side app to notify the client-side app whenever an event has occurred.
Some benefits of webhooks include:
- Avoids constant polling by the client-side application
- Enables real-time communication
- Improves scalability and reliability of the API integration